Friday, February 25, 2011

Nouveau Boulanger!

My lovely notecard. Isn't it the greatest thing? I'm so tired right now.




Below, you can see the vast assortment of ingredients littering my counter.

break 3 eggs in a bowl and beat.
add sugar to eggs and stir.
add applesauce and stir
add vanilla AND THEN add flour slowly and stir as you add. Then add powders and spices.
Grate zucchinis into bowl (or measuring cup, whatever)
And stir until your doughy stuff gets moist.
Then pour into whatever container your cooking in. Just be sure to grease your pan or cupcake paper cups first. Cupcake-sized muffins!!!! The ones in the yellow cups are zucchini and in the pink are my experimental banana things.
Mini-muffins!!!!!!
These are my loaves in batter form. Nice, eh? The closer one is zucchini and the farther is Frankenstein's creation. Cook one hour (loaves) at 325 degrees. Mini muffins take about a half hour and cupcake size take about 45 minutes.
zucchini batter close-up.
Oh! Beautiful!!!!! Zucchini bread.
Beautiful... whatever-the-heck-it-is...
Aww... cute little muffins... The mini ones are under the bigger ones.

I am officially a member of the world of elite bakers! Well, maybe I shouldn't go that far, but I'm damn close! Today I made zucchini bread muffins/cupcakes... actually, tonight. I just made them. They're actually in the oven as I write, so they technically are not done yet. I guess I'm not as close to the elite world of bakers as I thought. Oh, well. I am confident (desperate) that they are going to turn out beautifully. As promised, I took pictures and am now featuring them on here! Enjoy these pictures and this recipe! It makes two (count 'em: 2) loaves of zucchini bread (or an ass-load of muffins). Oh, and by the way, be sure to buy enough zucchini. Yikes! I had to improvise with the other "health" batch I made for me (the other ones are for my friends) because I didn't have enough zucchini because someone (Mom!) used the third one for dinner last night. Sheesh. Just kidding. Dinner was delicious and I love you. But I really did experiment! It's going to be very interesting... I mushed a banana and just kind of plopped it in there instead of zucchini and some extra apple sauce to moisten it up a little.I guess we'll just wait and see... I used agave syrup and kamut flour in mine, you can use regular flour and sugar if you want (that's what I used in the ones I made for everyone else). In the morning I'm going to mix some yogurt and cream cheese together to make a topping concoction. Plus, I have some little daisy/toothpick things to stick in the top... so cute! Tomorrow (Saturday) is my birthday party; that's why I'm making these treats tonight and tomorrow morning! Sunday is my birthday! Ahhh! 17! They grow up so fast. And by "they", I mean "I".
Love,
Belle
3 cups flour (kamut, almond, Quinoa, brown rice)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups sugar (Stevia, agave)
3 eggs
1 cup applesauce (to replace oil)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment