Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why The World Should Love Hummus...

Hummus is the greatest gift the Greek gods ever gave to the world. I don't know if there's an actual myth about it, but I am confident that- in some round-about way- they were responsible. Tribe brand hummus (look up fool!) is a really good brand: affordable and delicious... what more could a girl like me want?
It's good with veggies...
Da bomb with pita bread...
Great with tortilla chips or crackers (especially Wheat Thins)...
It's freakin' amazing with everything. Sabra brand (see above) is another great brand; I love how they put food/stuff in the middle.This is me as Artemis for Homecoming spirit week. I think I must have been a Greek demigoddess/princess in a past life. As well as a french peasant, a Victorian lady, a lady pirate, and a Celtic priestess... but that's an entirely different story...
I know that- up until now- lOVESHINE has been primarily a fashion blog and I have never before deviated from the cause of all that is true and right in the wide-world of internet fashion blogging. But I have decided to branch out every once in a while... include other things that may be helpful and wonderful. I have an unbelievable obsession with hummus. In my house, we keep a permanent supply in the fridge. "What do we need from the store?" "Well, let's stick with the essentials: tortilla chips, crackers, salsa, siracha (a glory deserving of a future post), eggs, and hummus." That's about all we eat. Well, that and cream o' mushroom soup. O how I adore thee, cream o' mushroom soup! I have a recipe for hummus and pita chips. I will make it some time and then dutifully share it with the world!
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment