Monday, February 21, 2011

Food I Can Eat... And So Can You!

Thank God for this bread! No seriously, go ahead and thank Him. The recipe is from the Bible. Mmmm... cinnamon raisin bread that won't wreak havoc on my ovaries!
PCOS miracle cure? Lordy, I hope so! Maitake mushrooms.
So, Day 1 of my new diet wasn't so bad! Aside from the constant craving for bread and crackers... I'm fine! Sugar is really not hard for me to avoid. It's just the bread! But it's fine... I'm fine. Last night's dinner was gorgeous and I should have thought to take a picture... But I was just too interested in eating it! My mommy made soup with: zucchini, diced tomato, red and orange bell pepper, gluten-free squash broth, winter squash, bay leaf, basil, savory, olive oil, mushrooms, spinach, 1/4 cup of 1% milk, and a cube of chicken bouillon. It was colorful and delicious and a great way to start off my new life-long trek through Hell. I mean diet. This morning for breakfast, mommy made crepes! Oh, crepes! Mine was made of brown rice flour, 1 egg, neufchatel cheese (like low fat cream cheese but loads better!), mushrooms, spinach, and a piece of bacon. It was so good! I actually think I prefer brown rice flour to regular flour! I'm supposed to limit my intake of that too, so I'm going to have to get some other hippie-low carb-gluten-free-off-the-wall flour substitute. I also have to come up with healthy-yet-yummy teaparty treats for my birthday party on Saturday. Oh, and by the way, mushrooms are apparently PCOS miracle food! Did I ever mention my deep and undying love for mushrooms? Mushrooms, cheese, and bread are my favorite foods! I can replace bread (hopefully without sacrificing taste and offering my wallet up to the gods of expensive-as-all-sin organic foods), I can still have cheese as long as it isn't full of hormones, and- as I previously stated- mushrooms are the little, fungus-y loves of my life!
By the way, if your diet is grain-free, check out this cinnamon apple muffin recipe from grain free goddess. I'm also going to check out Ezekiel 4:9 Bread which is- literally- a gift from God. I mean it! The recipe comes from scripture! It's apparently fine for PCOS women to eat, so eat it I shall! And maitake mushrooms are on my list. Definitely. If mushrooms can cure this condition I will drive to the doctor and laugh in his face. Or not. I do suffer from a myriad of health problems, so maybe my doctor isn't a good person to piss off!
Happy President's Day!
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment