Sunday, February 13, 2011

Room Decor: A Whole New Adventure!

The witchy owl lamp was my great-great grandmother's, I have alot of her stuff 'cause it's all really cool. The Aztec plate is from St.Vincent's (yeah, it was 99 cents!). The chill blue harmony/abstract painting in the background, I painted in art class in 9th grade. And the beautiful eggplant scarf is the one my dad got me from the Grand Bazaar! Since I don't have an end table, I had to improvise and use some wine boxes (I have like 5 because my mommy's family is very... connoisseur...)
The violet candle holder in the middle is a treasure from Goodwill. The beautiful wooden box all this is set on is from another one of my dad's many adventures.
This incense burner is from Treasures of Tibet and I love it so much! I use it to meditate... The kickass elephant candle holder behind the burner was a present from one of my best friends! I was psyched when I got it! My dresser is a mess- yes, I know- but it's such a pretty mess!
This is a lovely dancing lady statue that clashed with my sister's new room decor... so lucky me! Behind the "feathers" book, in the mirror, you can see... me! Well, my camo pajama pants at least. I saw a freshman boy at school on pajama day with the same pants. Thanks Dad! Actually,
I've realized that boy's PJ pants are more comforatable, so... Yeah, thanks Dad!
It takes forever to upload the pictures that I take on my camera and this one picture took at least 15 minutes. I finally got it loaded and it was sideways. Of course. Forgive me, I am not going to redo this. No way. I purposefully only showed you things in my current room that fit in with how i want to decorate my next room. Trust me, the rest of my room is very faerie princess. Which I love, don't get me wrong, but it is time for a change.
This is Tibetan and exactly what I'm looking for, for an end table. This, and everything coming after, is not from my room but it should be!
Here is a Lotus Flower votive. This isn't from Lucky Monkey but when I get one, it will be from there. They come in a variety of colors. PLUS: I will be supporting a local business, yay!
Ah, it's just so beautiful I can hardly stand it! J'adore Boho/eclectic/Gypsy-inspired style
If you didn't love gypsy caravans to begin with... don't you now?
That candle holder is amazing! I mean, really. Daffodils? How wonderful can a candle holder be?
THIS IS THE GRAND BAZAAR IN ISTANBUL! I would LOVE to go there so much. My dad has been to it and found my sisters and I wonderful scarves from Kashmir. He said that to find the best deals you have to go way in the back of the Bazaar, where it's all creepy and back alley-like.
another beautiful picture of the Grand Bazaar.
This lantern is Moroccan inspired. I love these lanterns. Anything at all similar to this is automatically the greatest thing ever!
Also Moroccan themed. A bit more of a colorful take on it.
I can't get over how awesome the ceiling is in this room. The rug is fantastic, too. It's Moroccan themed.
This is just gorgeous, and inspired by the Mists of Avalon. I love Old Ireland. It is my muse! My inspiration for my room... well, part of it. Along with Morocco, Istanbul, and the Roma.
This is Morgaine and The Lady of the Lake, parting the Mists of Avalon. Super rad scene, featuring one of my favorite songs: The Mystic's Dream.
This picture came from flickr and it's so pretty! It was inspired by the Mists of Avalon, as well.

I have never written a post on room decor, so this is a leap! Now that the name is switched you can bet your sweet tush there are going to be alot of leaps! (If you weren't aware, the blog used to be called lOVESHINE and it was strictly a fashion blog. Now I'll be reaching all new heights! And all it took was a simple name change...) So, this Summer my mommy and I are moving into my grandparents' old house and I'm pretty darn excited to decorate the new room! I hate moving (how many moves will this be? Just a second I'm counting... This will be house number 8, I believe. That's not as bad as I thought it was going to be!) What was I saying? Oh yeah, I hate moving, but I love moving in. I can reposition all my furniture and redecorate and paint and all that amazingly fun stuff! My furniture (bed, vanity, dresser) are all beautiful golden wood and it all belonged to my great-great-grandma, who I never got a chance to meet but apparently she was all witchy and cool so I think we would've gotten along famously. Right now my room is decorated with my extensive faerie collection. Did I mention I'm one of those people. You know, the kind that dress up in faerie costumes and go to festivals and greet people with a hearty "Kubiando", yep I'm an all the way faerie-lover (I'm also a Star Wars nerd if you ever want to hang out at the next convention). Anyway, I decided that I want to decorate my next room in an eclectic way: Mists of Avalon meets Morocco meets Grand Bazaar meets Gypsy caravan. And since I also get to commandeer the little shed out back I can split my lovely little faerie friends between the two places. I'm actually thinking of designing the inside of the shed to look like the inside of a vardo (Gypsy caravan), I think that would be cute since I don't have money or a wealthy benefactor (at least not one who's willing) to buy or make me an actual vardo. Sad. But back to room decor! I think that if I buy anything new for my room it's going to be from a fleamarket or thrift store because you can find the coolest things vintage! There's an adorable little fleamarket next to my current house that, when I have money, I'm gonna scour for the perfect little end table. I'm also incorporating East Indian, Tibetan, and Indonesian flairs because in Coeur d' Alene we have Lucky Monkey and in Spokane Valley we have Treasures of Tibet and they are the most beautiful little shops and I absolutely have to include them! Since I'm including pretty much everything in my decorating style, I guess it would technically be called Bohemian style. And I'm cool with that because the word "Bohemian" sounds really pretty... especially if you say it with a pretty French accent. Enchanter, Sil vous plait, Bohemienne...
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment