Monday, May 30, 2011

Projects-in-the-works Spring/Summer 2011

So, I thought I'd share with you some of the projects I have in the works! I need to get a new chain for my old bike and somehow attach a thrifted basket to the front... and then I shall be ready! There are many wonderful Farmer's Markets here in scenic North Idaho, and I have only had the pleasure of attending one. I've been to the big one in Hayden- and loved it- but I've never been to the one in Rathdrum, so I shall this Summer! And there will be a new one in Post Falls (within riding distance of the house I'm moving into at the end of June)! Farmer's Markets are more activities than projects... so I'll get on to the projects I have been dreaming up in my spare time (way too much since school got out).
I've always loved little leather medicine pouches, but I don't wear leather unless it's vintage, so I am going to buy something leather from a thrift store (or something) and make multiple little pouches out of it!
I have had this tie-dye kit for years and every Summer I plan on tie-dying... but never do. So this time, to ensure I would go through with it, I have asked Sadicus to tie-dye with me! We're going to look for white dresses at a thrift store and transform them into marvelous hippie creations! I've been thinking for a while that I should make mobiles out of driftwood and feathers (etc.) from the beach in Coeur d'Alene- it would carry alot of local energy, I think:) So that's another project for Summertime.

I am also going to make a dreamcatcher out of hemp twine, feathers from the lake, pretty local beads, and... some kind of circle. I guess I can find a willow reed and tie it in a circular shape, or something! I have quite an extensive dreamcatcher collection, and I feel that it is time that I make my own. I shall also learn to weave baskets! I've always wanted to know how and there are so many things growing here that I could weave with! If I get good at it, I could possible weave myself a basket for my bicycle! Oooh, good idea? Yes, I think so!
If it turns out that I show any kind of skill at any of these things then I shall peddle them as wares when I live life on the open road as a bohemian/vagabond/gypsy/drifter/wanderer. Along with my other wares (jewelry made of nut shells [nut jewelry!], crocheted doilies, handmade earrings).
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment