Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Surfer/Beach Bum Dreams


Lovely Milla (basically my girl-crush [in a completely non-lesbian way]) on the beach of her island home.

Billabong Sharkbite shorts.



Shop for these looks (Prairie, Hawaiian, Tropical) at Delias.com. Just click on the pictures. They're kind of different ways to dress like a beach bum.
Zona Crossbody Bag. I love fringe.

Erika Maxi dress.

Coco Ho, a Hawaiian surfing newcomer.

Out of a Seventeen Magazine.
Really pretty hair.

I would definitely wear this.

Happy Hippies Holding Hands:)
I am a beach bum. The community college I go to is located right next to the big beach at Coeur d'Alene Lake and whenever a have a break I spend it on the beach. The day before Spring Break I only had two classes. I don't have my license, my two classes were four hours apart, and I was stuck at school all day. So, naturally, I sat alone on the beach for four hours. Any day that I have free time or a canceled class I sit on the beach. Honestly, I have started feeling so close to that lake; like we understand each other, like she's family. I once read that the Coeur d'Alene Tribe thought of the lake as their mother, and I think that's really beautiful. So I have felt inspired by the quintessential beach bum, as well as female pro-surfers, and Milla's beautiful beach home (just read her most recent post which included pics of the ocean!), to write this post. I wish I could go to the ocean. I feel most like myself when I'm in and around water. I really want to roadtrip to the Oregon coast with friends this summer but, sadly, gas prices are beyond crazy and will only get worse. Anyhoo! Hopefully, I'll be able to spend alot more time at the beach once the weather improves. Ugh! North Idaho weather! You never know if it's going to be snowing or warm and sunny when you wake up in the morning. Here's hoping for sunny!
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment