Friday, April 8, 2011

My Artistic Musical Epiphany


This is me with my favorite fella, Rivendell, a few days ago.

He looks sweet, but little do you know, he's just trying to eat my shirt. (Wow, my fingers got dirty. Hence his nickname- dirty white boy.)

The show I don't get to go to tonight:(
I've known for some time what type of (musical) artist I want to be- I just didn't know how to describe it! It's just that I love so many different types of music and wanted to incorporate them all together and not have to just choose one! I want to mix Dolly Parton, The Decemberists, Iron and Wine, Ray LaMontagne, Irish punk, Nickel Creek, Elephant Revival (my new-found love, thanks to Milla!), Stevie Nicks, Holly Williams, Loreena McKennit, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Joey+Rory, Joni Mitchell, Josh Ritter, Janis Joplin, Lady Antebellum, Natalie Merchant, Zac Brown Band, Johnny Cash, Bonnie Raitt, Jewel, The Mamas and the Papas, Ingrid Michaelson, etc. I just went through my playlist and copied down singers and bands that I want to be like. There are more- I just didn't want to go too far. Already did? Oh well. I just had a smoothie so SUE ME, BUCKO! What?! I don't even know. I hope no one reads this post because it's rather stupid... I was supposed to be going to an Inter-Tribal show tonight but I can't because the "inspirational" (though rather not) speaker spoke at my high school today while I was there (just hanging out, I don't have any classes there anymore) so I didn't have a chance to talk to, you know, "that certain someone" today to ask him to go with me... then all my friends were busy... so! No show for me. Sad. I'd go alone but mommy won't give me a ride. grrr...
Oh, yeah! The entire point of this post was that I decided that the type of artist I want to be is (pretty much) a transcendental folk singer! Love it!!!!
If you have any ideas on anything regarding my musical career (I might try to start a band and I'm auditioning for American Idol in the summer) please let me know! All advice and suggestions and random (loving!) comments are always welcome. Also, if you ever have any questions feel free to ask! Can you think of a good way to describe the artist I want to be based on the little information I've given you?
Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment