Thursday, October 14, 2010

Steampunk Fashion






The other day the new Sherlock Holmes was on TV, so i watched it four times in a row. Then I went to the internet and searched for steampunk fashion for a few hours. Then I listened to Professor Elemental: the world's greatest steampunk rapper. This isn't obsessive (yes it is). So, needless to say, I am now thoroughly addicted to steampunk. I wore my grandma's monocle to school. It was awesome. I bought little airplane earrings, and clock-face earrings, and wore them to school, too. I spent literally an entire day looking for an affordable corset, and emerged from my internet exploration with the firm decision to make my own. The goal of this post is to get you as hooked on steampunk as I am. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch a marathon of Wild Wild West (the one with Will Smith), Sherlock Holmes (another 50 times), and Time Machine. In case you're a steampunk ingenue, I will fill you in: those are all steampunk movies. Here are some pictures so you can have some kind of idea what I'm talking about. Au revoir... Love,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment